22 Facts About You Tube

1. It is a video sharing website.

2. It’s headquarter is in San Bruno, California.

3. It was formed in February 2005.

4. It was formed with 3 PayPal employees namely Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim.

5. It was bought by Google for $1.65 billion.

6. Its present CEO is Susan Wojcicki.

7. You can only upload video of maximum 15 minutes of length.

8. You tube features April fools pranks on April 1 each year since 2008.

9. In May 2007, You tube launched its partnership programme through which the uploader can earn revenues through the adds that are shown in the videos that he publishes.

10. You tube keeps 45% of the revenue while the uploader gets the rest 55%.

11. You tube does not view the videos that are uploaded on it.

12. You tube has strict guidelines for avoiding copyright material to be shown.

13. A video showing pornography, animal abuse and content uploaded without prior consent from the publisher is not allowed to be uploaded.

14. If someone finds that his material has been leaked on You Tube then he can file a DMCA takedown notice.

15. If there are 3 successful copyright cases against a user, then his account as well as all the videos in it will be deleted.

16. From 6th November 2013, all You Tube users must have a Google+ account to comment on videos.

17. Google has come up with You Tube creator rewards in which it offers Silver, Gold and Diamond play buttons.

18. If you manage to attract 100,000 subscribers then you will be awarded with a silver play button.

19. If you manage to attract 1 million subscribers then you will be awarded with a golden play button.

20. If you manage to attract 10 million subscribers then you will awarded with a diamond play button.

21. There are 11 videos on You Tube that have surpassed 1 billion views.

22. The most watched video on You Tube is Gangnam Style by Psy which has garnered more than 2.44 billion views since being uploaded on 15th July 2012.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s